Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Why I Am Blogging Again

Remember back in 2005...when everyone blogged and it was cool.  Yeah, me too.  I've never been on top trends so of course I'm not going to start blogging until it's not the thing anymore.  I have felt the call to start a blog about our life as a family in ministry.  

For anyone who is reading this and doesn't know us personally, my husband is a campus minister.  We live our lives to reach college students for the gospel's sake, point them toward Christ connect them with the local church.  We love college ministry because we see it as a very formative time when students are making decisions that can affect the rest of their lives.  Students are making decisions about careers, marriage, friends and finances all during this 4 to 5 year period (or longer).  What a time to get to be involved in?!

I have felt the need and desire to blog about our life since last fall, but dismissed it as a silly notion.  Our life is crazy and at the time I found out I was pregnant with our third child.  Not a time when I felt like I had extra energy to expend.  Plus, does anyone read these things anymore?  Am I going to come off as pretentious?  Who really cares what I have to say? But time and time again for the last year, God has confirmed that this is what he wants through His word written and spoken and even really random things like the movie "Mom's Night Out." 

I have let the fear of rejection and criticism hold me back for far too long...so here it goes.  Here is my humble offering of what the Lord is doing in the lives of our family and our students.  Enjoy the window into our world!

No comments:

Post a Comment